The Door Company (TDC), California’s leading garage door company, makes the challenging process of selecting a new garage door simple and stress-free. TDC carries a large variety of residential garage doors ranging from entry level steel carriage doors to top-of-the-line trackless and aluminum products.
Style is usually the most important factor. TDC offers doors in many different designs, colors, insulation values and sizes. TDC offers the following buying guide and tips to help homeowners choose the right product based on their budget, operational requirements and usage, while selecting a door style that is right for them.
– Available in panel designs from the standard short and long raised panels to many other designs, insulating values and finishes. Several window options that will complement the look of almost any home are also available.
– Boasts the look of swinging stable doors with the durability of steel. Although these doors appear to swing open, they still move up and down just like a regular garage door. Windows and decorative hardware add the perfect touch to this garage door style.
Contemporary Aluminum Style
– For homes with a modern design, contemporary aluminum is the preferred choice, making a dramatic statement.
– TDC offers models in a variety of colors and that can be custom painted to match your shutters, trim or siding.
– Safety is a concern with any product and garage doors are no different. Because it is a large moving object that many family members interact with, every garage door should have these key safety features:
- Pinch resistant — a feature that pushes fingers out of harm’s way should they accidentally be placed too close to a closing door.
- Tamper resistant — bottom brackets reduce the risk of injury from garage door components under tension.
- Polyurethane insulation — provides improved fire safety since it reduces the amount of smoke and flames in the event of a fire.
— How long the new door will last, what kind of punishment it can take, or even how much annual maintenance it will require, is mainly determined by the material used to make the door. Options include:
- Steel garage doors are quite durable with only occasional need for cleaning or touch-up.
- Vinyl garage doors can be long-lasting, especially in environments with harsh weather conditions, and are more resistant to dents, are rust-free and never need to be painted.
- Aluminum and glass garage doors present a modern flair for the design of your home. Finishes for aluminum garage doors are available in a variety of anodize colors or powder coated palettes.
- Wood and composite offer warmth and beauty, creating a distinct and authentic look; however, wood requires more maintenance than other options.
“There are so many options when it comes to buying a new garage door,” said TDC President Mark Stuenkel. “We invite anyone who is looking to stop by one of our four showrooms and my team will guide them through the process.”
ABOUT THE DOOR COMPANY: Incorporated in 1986, The Door Company (TDC) has been the choice of thousands of homeowners and contractors for their garage door and gate projects. TDC is full-line garage door and gate automation service company, specializing in the sales, installation and servicing of commercial and residential access systems. TDC also has an array of specialty products including bug screen doors, aircraft hangar systems, loading dock equipment, operable walls, partitions, rolling grilles and fire doors.
TDC’s locations are:
Chico (Corporate Office), 2251 Ivy St., Chico, CA 95928, 530.345.5555
Yuba City, 301-C Burns Dr., Unit 1, Yuba City, CA 95991, 530.673.7778
Redding, 1623 Beltline Rd., Redding, CA 96003, 530.222.5555
Manteca, 17860 Ideal Parkway, Suite B, Manteca, CA 95336
For more information about The Door Company’s products and services visit http://www.thedoorco.net/.