The Door Company Offers a Variety of Safe and
Reliable Driveway Gates
The Door Company (TDC), California’s leading garage door company, offers residential and commercial customers a variety of driveway gates that can be selected according to a preferred style and desired function.
“Whether you’re interested in adding visual appeal to your property, monitoring or reducing unwanted traffic, or looking at automating an existing gate system, TDC can help you choose the right solution,” said TDC President Mark Stuenkel.
Driveway gates come in a variety of types and styles including:
- Swing Gates — Swing gates feature a hinged opening motion that is stationary at one end and swings open or closed on the other end. A swing driveway gate is typically less expensive than a sliding gate.
- Sliding Gates — Sliding gates are ideal for applications where there is insufficient room for swing gates to open into and where higher security is required. Assuming the customer has fencing, then the gate simply slides open parallel to the fence.
- Four-fold Gates — A four-folding swing gate is use to control vehicle access control to a parking garage. The four-fold door panels fold completely clear of the opening and are visible by drivers during their entire operation, thereby eliminating costly damage to both the doors and vehicles.
- Barrier Gates — As a popular choice for vehicle access control, barrier gates are ideal for installations where a sliding gate is impractical, due to limited space. In addition, since vertical pivot gates lift vertically to open, they work nicely where ice and snow accumulations could prevent sliding gates from operating.
All TDC gates can be installed on a variety of property types, including:
- Single and multi-family homes
- Commercial businesses
“Another important factor to consider is operation of your new TDC gate,” said Stuenkel. “Gates can be operated in numerous ways, including post mounted, pad mounted, and in-ground units. Each gate control unit can also be powered by either solar or direct power.”
Once a decision has been made as to the type of design and operation of the customer’s gate system, then decisions need to be made about how the system is activated. “TDC can help you design a system using any activation from a radio control transmitter in your vehicle to system additions including egress activation devices, telephone entry systems, card readers, keypads,” said Stuenkel. “We can assist with security by providing programmable devices which can be accessed for changes when you’re on location or away.”
Finally, all TDC gate systems are designed to be UL325 compliant, with warranty. TDC’s lead technicians are certified in the specialty of gates, providing optional plan view drawings for the project to assist in obtaining permits.